- Role: Improving the product UX/UI, monitoring user behavior, and communicating with the development team.
- Scope: StoryChief is looking for a UI/UX designer with a touch of product management. The goal is to lead the product design process. You are responsible for making the user’s experience as delightful as possible in a holistic fashion. You’re concerned about aesthetics, usability as well as providing value to the customer.
- Location: Ghent, BE (hybrid)
- Timing: ASAP
What do we expect from you:
- Min. 2+ years of product-related experience (Product design, Digital design, Product Management).
- Experience in a startup/scaleup environment, preferably SaaS.
- Collaborating with customers, management, and engineers to gather user requirements before designing ideas.
- Experience in UX / UI and ability to shape and sketch new features using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps.
- Experience with design tools, e.g., Adobe, Figma (also Adobe now:), Sketch, InVision Studio, …
- Be an excellent communicator of product decisions and know the rationale behind them.
- Sometimes you’ll be helping our marketing team with visualizing their work
- You agree with our values.
Amazing Bonus points 🤩
- Experience with content marketing
- Experience in video/animations (Adobe After Effects)
- Experience in Product Management
What does your day look like
As the UI/UX designer at StoryChief, you will be shaping our product’s future in terms of aesthetics, user experience, and user value to deliver a delightful and valuable experience to the customer. You will work with the management, customer-facing colleagues, development team, and marketing team. You will thus be involved with many stakeholders, thus funneling and digesting feedback is a crucial part of your job. You will try out designs, process and gather input, work with the development team on prototypes, and critically evaluate results. Your work will directly impact the user's satisfaction and the company’s growth.
You’ll also be helping our marketing team to keep our branding consistent across multiple communication channels. You’ll never be bored, that’s for sure!
As a product designer you:
- Engage with our users to identify areas of improvement and understand our users' pain points and contribute to our feature request platform.
- Collaborates closely with our marketing team, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure that requirements are understood and implemented correctly.
- Analyze users’ behavior and optimize the user experience.
- Sketch out feature designs using industry-standard design tools, e.g. Figma click-throughs
- Communicate designs and interactions to frontend designers for implementation and improvements
What's in it for you? 🤝
- A fast-paced, no-nonsense tech startup on an international scene
- A digital and data-driven company culture
- A great deal of freedom, trust, and accountability
- A thriving work environment with lots of enthusiastic people joining forces
- A salary package based on skills and experience with a broad benefits package
- A growing team in a growing company
- Personal development- Your work will have a significant impact, which means as the business grows, your responsibility can grow with it.
- Flexibility & Independence
- Parties, retreats, after-work drinks, lunches, ...
- A funky pet-friendly work environment with a pop-up pool and regular BBQs.
Excited? Do not hesitate to apply!
You can do so in English or Dutch. We'll contact you soon.
You will be recruited based on competencies. Qualities of people are decisive, regardless of gender, religion, ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability. Direct employees only. No agencies.