- Role: Python cloud developer (DevOps)
- Scope: StoryChief is one of the leading players in content marketing software. Our goal is simple: provide our customers with a straightforward yet sophisticated platform for them to write and spread their stories in the easiest way. Cloud-based microservices are essential to the working of the platform, and we are currently looking for a cloud developer to help us maintain the existing services and also build new ones. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with Google Cloud and AWS, and is also a good Python programmer. Many of our current and future microservices (will) involve natural language processing (NLP), so extra points if you have experience in that domain.
- Level: Mid-level
- Location: Ghent, BE (preferably); hybrid
- Timing: ASAP
What do we expect from you:
- You have solid experience with cloud development (Google Cloud, ideally also AWS).
- You are good at programming in Python.
- You have a good understanding of APIs (ideally FastAPI).
- You can solve bigger/complex problems related to cloud engineering and software architecture.
- You care about usability, accessibility, and performance.
- You speak and write English fluently.
Amazing bonus points 🤩
- Experience with NLP and machine/deep learning
What does your day look like
As a Python cloud (DevOps) developer at StoryChief, you will work on new cloud-based applications while helping us to improve the existing ones. You will do so by working closely with the back-end developers and NLP engineers. Our development team makes use of industry-standard best practices. So you will review and have your code reviewed to ensure we write maintainable and readable code as a team. As a small team, every line of code will greatly impact StoryChief and our users. Do not expect a dull code-monkey experience. Creativity and autonomy are encouraged. As a team, we strive to keep learning from each other and taking pride in our work. The development team consists of motivated and skilled developers, still led by one of the company's founding members.
What's in it for you? 🤝
- A fast-paced, no-nonsense tech startup in an international scene
- A digital and data-driven company culture
- A great deal of freedom, trust, and accountability
- A thriving work environment with lots of enthusiastic people joining forces
- A salary package based on skills and experience with a broad benefits package
- A growing team in a growing company
- Personal development- Your work will have a big impact, which means as the business grows, your responsibility can grow with it.
- Flexibility & Independence
- Parties, retreats, after-work drinks, lunches, ...
- A funky pet-friendly work environment with a riverside sunny terrace and regular BBQs.
Excited? Do not hesitate to apply!
You can do so in English or Dutch. We'll contact you soon
You will be recruited based on competencies. Qualities of people are decisive, regardless of gender, religion, ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, or any disability. Direct employees only. No agencies.