Sometimes we need more than one Tweet to express ourselves. A thread on Twitter is a series of connected Tweets from one person. With a thread you can provide additional context, an update, or an extended point by connecting multiple Tweets together. Source
A lot of people who are, or want to, profile themselves as thought leaders create these kinds of Tweets to share their expertise. The idea is, that there are a lot of great Twitter threads out there already. So why not repurpose these into beautiful carousels which you can post on your Linkedin en Instagram
Here is an example:
Here is what it looks like on Twitter:
Reasons why to use Twitter Threads:
- Here at StoryChief we found that Twitter threads receive more impressions and engagements than single tweets.
- You can go beyond the character limit of Twitter to explain something more in-depth
- Position yourself as a thought leader in your niche
- Use Twitter threads to share key takeaways from a piece of content, then drive traffic to that content by adding a link at the beginning and end of the thread
How do you create a Twitter thread in 3 easy steps?
- Draft a new Tweet.
- To add another Tweet(s), click the highlighted plus icon (the icon will highlight once you have entered in text).
Note: If you go over the character limit, the text that is over the limit will be highlighted for easier editing before you post.
- When finished click the Tweet all button to post.
What is a subtweet?
A subtweet, or a subliminal tweet, is a Twitter post that references another user without mentioning their @username or real name. Subtweeting is often used to comment on someone while keeping their identity vague so that no one will (probably) figure out who you're talking about.
How do I link to a tweet?
Go to the tweet and select the Share icon. Then, in the pop-up menu, select Copy link to Tweet to copy the URL to your clipboard.
So how can you use existing Twitter Threads in your advantage?
Now we’ve covered what Twitter threads are and why to use them, let’s make something very interesting out of it.
The idea is, that there are a lot of great Twitter threads which are created by experts. So why not repurpose these into beautiful carousels which you can post on your Linkedin en Instagram.
And yes we’ve created a free tool to do just that. We don’t even ask your email address to use it. You can just grab it here:
Are you spending a lot of time feeding your Linkedin, Instagram, and Facebook feeds with content? Struggle no more! Our brand new, and free, tool allows you to grab an existing Twitter Thread from any person and repurpose it into beautiful slideshows, which you can export as a PDF or images to create a carousel on LinkedIn and Instagram.
So let’s see how it works.
- Install this free chrome extension
- Once installed navigate to Twitter to find any Twitter thread or use this website to find curated Twitter Threads.
- After installing the Chrome Extension you’ll see a new button on Twitter called Thread Designer.
- Once clicked you’ll be brought to the editor
- Now you can already see the preview of the slideshow, you can tailor colors, background images, hide or unhide threads, etc.
- Once done, export as PDF, which is needed to create carousel posts on Linkedin, Or export Images to create an IG carousel.
So now, you can create a lot of value on your social channels, without spending much effort. Enjoy!