Have you ever found yourself spending hours writing a new blog post, only to move on to the next task immediately after publishing it? If yes, then you're not alone. But what if we told you that by repurposing that one blog post, you can potentially create at least 29 more content pieces?
That's where the true power of content repurposing lies.
- constantly creating new content, repurpose what you have.
- outsourcing content creation, automate it.
- publishing in one place, publish everywhere.
In this article, we're about to unveil a game-changing strategy that will revolutionize your content creation process. Imagine having a treasure trove of 180 post ideas at your fingertips, all derived from just six existing content pieces.
Welcome to the world of content repurposing!
The power of repurposing content
Repurposing content involves taking already existing material and transforming it into various formats, channels, or angles. This is an effortless way to make the most of your existing content investments, reach a broader audience, and enhance organic traffic and SEO.
6 steps to craft a 6-month content plan
Here's how you can transform 6 existing content pieces into a 6-month content plan.
Step 1: Choose your core content pieces
Start by selecting six evergreen content pieces from your existing library. These should be high-quality articles, popular blog posts, or guides that provide valuable insights or solutions to your audience's pain points. These core pieces will serve as the foundation for your repurposing content plan.
To identify your core content, you can turn to Google Analytics. Navigate to the "landing pages" report to gain insights into which pages on your website are driving the most traffic or conversions.
Step 2: Explore different formats (30 formats!)
After selecting your core content pieces, the next crucial step is to diversify your content by exploring various formats. With your 6 core content pieces and these 30 post ideas, you can create 180 posts for your 6-month content calendar.
- Blog posts: Convert your core content into blog posts, breaking down complex topics into more digestible articles.
- Social media posts: Extract key insights or quotes from your core content and turn them into bite-sized organic social media posts.
- Twitter threads: Transform your core content into a series of linked tweets to capture the attention of Twitter's active audience. Tip: Use this free Twitter Thread Designer that turns any Twitter Thread into a beautiful carousel for social media.
- Whitepapers: Craft authoritative whitepapers based on research or in-depth analysis from your core content.
- Ebooks: Combine related core content pieces into comprehensive ebooks or guides for lead generation and in-depth exploration.
- Newsletters: Use excerpts or summaries from your core content in email newsletters to engage with your subscribers.
- Research report: Turn internal data into a research or industry report.
- Ultimate guides: Compile comprehensive, in-depth guides or "ultimate" resources based on your core content.
- Marketing collateral: Create brochures, flyers, or pamphlets from content derived from your core pieces.
- Update old blog posts: Update an original blog post with new content. Google will learn this piece of content is still relevant after it was first published and will start prioritizing it again. Add new insights, visuals, screenshots, quotes, videos, and other assets.
- Checklists: Create practical checklists or step-by-step guides derived from your core content, offering actionable takeaways.
- Case studies: Highlight real-world examples and success stories from your core content as standalone case studies.
- Pillar content pages: Develop dedicated pillar content pages on your website that consolidate and expand upon the key insights and themes from your core content.
- Press releases: Share key findings or updates from your core content as press releases.
- Interviews: Host interviews with industry experts or influencers, discussing topics from your core content.
Audio and video content
- Webinars: Host webinars based on the core content, diving deeper into the topic and engaging with your audience in real time.
- Video tutorials: Use your core content as a script or guide for informative video tutorials, suitable for platforms like YouTube or TikTok.
- Podcast episodes: Repurpose written content into podcast episodes, reaching an audience segment that prefers audio content.
- Courses: Transform your core content into online courses or educational series.
- Customer testimonials: Collect and showcase customer testimonials or success stories related to your core content.
- Audiograms: Create engaging audio snippets from your podcast content by repurposing them into shareable audiograms.
- Video snippets: Break down longer video content into shorter, attention-grabbing video snippets for social media.
- GIFs and memes: Create GIFs or memes based on humorous or relatable aspects of your core content.
- Product demos: If applicable, demonstrate how your product or service solves problems addressed in your core content.
- Live streams: Host live Q&A sessions or discussions related to your core content on platforms like Facebook Live or Twitch.
- YouTube video: Upload any video, webinar, or teaser, that you repurposed in the previous steps to YouTube.
- Infographics: Condense statistics and data from your core content into visually appealing infographics that are shareable on social media platforms.
- Social media carousels: Create engaging carousels on platforms like Instagram or LinkedIn, offering a series of related tips or insights.
- Interactive content: Develop interactive content like quizzes, polls, or calculators related to the core content's theme.
- Templates: Offer templates or downloadable resources derived from your core content, such as templates for presentations or spreadsheets.
Step 3: Map all your ideas on a content calendar
Now that you have a diverse set of content formats and ideas, it's time to organize them into a content calendar. This way, you'll have a clear roadmap for the next six months. This ensures that your content is well-distributed, targeted, and aligned with your overarching content marketing strategy.
Step 4: Collaborate and assign contributors
Collaboration is essential for successfully executing your 6-month content repurposing plan. Depending on your resources, identify team members or freelancers who will be responsible for co-creating and distributing the repurposed content. Assign specific tasks and deadlines to ensure everyone is on the same page.
Consider the following roles and responsibilities:
- Social media managers
- Advanced analytics specialists
Step 5: Create your content
With your team in place, it's time to dive into content creation. Break down each core piece into smaller, more digestible chunks. Here's how to do it:
- Extract key insights: Identify the most valuable insights, statistics, quotes, or tips from your core content. These should be pieces of information that stand out and provide immediate value to your audience.
- Create individual posts or graphics: Based on the extracted insights, create individual posts, graphics, or other content pieces for each chosen format. Ensure that each piece can stand on its own and is shareable.
- Maintain consistency: Keep your brand's voice and style consistent across all repurposed content pieces. This helps reinforce your brand identity and keeps your audience engaged.
- Optimize for each platform: Tailor your content to the specific platform you're posting on. What works on Instagram may not work on LinkedIn, so customize your content accordingly.
- Use engaging visuals: Visual content often performs better on social media and other platforms. Use eye-catching images, videos, and graphics to complement your text-based content.
Step 6: Monitor and engage
Your 6-month content plan is in motion, but your work isn't done yet. As you implement your content plan, pay attention to audience engagement. Track the performance of each piece and adjust your strategy accordingly. Encourage feedback, comments, and shares to foster a sense of community around your content.
Benefits of content repurposing
Creating fresh content regularly can be exhausting, and there's no guarantee that it will reach your desired audience if it's not effectively distributed. Instead of constantly churning out new material, a more effective strategy is to repurpose your existing content into multiple posts and post to multiple channels.
Let's explore some key benefits of content repurposing:
- Consistency: Maintaining a regular posting schedule is crucial for audience retention and growth.
- Efficiency: Repurposing content allows you to make the most of what you already have, reducing the time and effort required for content creation.
- Wider reach: Different people prefer consuming content in various formats. Repurposing content allows you to reach a broader spectrum of potential customers and reach new audiences that you may have missed initially.
- SEO boost: Repurposed content on social media can increase likes, shares, and comments, which can indirectly impact SEO rankings and attract more backlinks.
If you're struggling to achieve desired outcomes with your blog content, it's time for a new approach. Instead of constantly producing new content, focus on six key pieces that already generate traffic and interest. Transform these into various formats. This way, you'll minimize effort and eliminate the need for constant fresh ideas.
StoryChief simplifies your content repurposing strategy by offering the following features:
- Duplicate and plan ahead for social media posts.
- Publish across multiple platforms with one click.
- Collaborate with your team to streamline content creation.
- Analyze performance with detailed analytics.
- Tailor content to match platform requirements.
- Schedule and automate publishing.
- Utilize the content calendar for organization and alignment.
- Use AI to create a consistent brand voice and batch-generate posts.